Sunday, January 10, 2010

Grilled Halibut Pineapple

I was expecting this recipe to much better. It was still good, but I found it a little on the salty side, and I did mine on a grill, I think it would have been much better on the barbecue. I also found that the sweetness of the pineapple really made the recipe. I think with a few altercations this recipe has potential.
Ingredients
1 tbsp lime zest
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp ginger root, grated
1 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 halibuts
1/2 medium pineapple, or one can

Directions
1.) Coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat. Place zest, lime juice, 1 tbsp brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper in ziploc bag. Shake to combine, add fish and let marinate 20 min.
2.) In a second bag, place remaining brown sugar, ginger, and pineapple, allow to marinate 5 minutes. Remove pineapple and add remaining juices to fish.
3.) Grill pineapple until heated through, turning once (8min). Remove and cover with foil to keep warm. Cook fish brushing with marinade, over direct heat until cooked through.



No comments:

Post a Comment