Friday, February 19, 2010

Cabbage Stir Fry

Last night for dinner I made a recipe called Cabbage Stir Fry. I got the recipe from my mother who got the recipe from a friend. It wasn’t anything spectacular but made a good warm winter meal. However, I didn’t really put a lot of thought into it when I was reading the recipe, but it makes enough to feed like 6 people. I have soooo much leftovers, next time I will make sure to halve the recipe when I make it.

Ingredients

1 large onion, chopped

2 lbs beef or pork or combo

1 28 oz can of chopped seasoned tomatoes

1 7 ½ oz can of Hunts tomatoe sauce

1 tbsp brown sugar

2 tbsp vinegar

1 tbsp Costco Spaghetti seasoning

1 tsp oregano

1 tsp thyme

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

1 green pepper, chopped

1 454 g pkg coleslaw (or ½ cabbage shredded)

2 cups uncooked basmati rice


Directions

1.)Lightly oil frying pan, on med-high heat, add onion and meat

2.)Cook rice in another pot at the same time as the meat

3.)Add remaining ingredients except the pepper and cabbage

4.) Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes

5.) Add green peppers and cabbage and simmer for about 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender.

6.) Serve over cooked rice

No comments:

Post a Comment